Government of India Tuesday blocked 43 Chinese Apps from accessing by users in India, under section 69A of the Information Technology Act. Indian govt says these apps were found ‘prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity, defende of India, security of state and public order’
“This action was taken based on the inputs regarding these Chinese Apps for engaging in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, security of state and public order”, the Centre said in an official statement.
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued the order for blocking the access of these Chinese Apps by users in India based on the comprehensive reports received from Indian Cyber Crime Co-ordination Center, Ministry of Home Affairs, it further stated.
Popular shopping website AliExpress was among the banned Chinese Apps, which comes a big blow to Chinese e-commerce major Alibaba. This is another setback for the e-commerce giant after its Ant Group’s $37-billion (£28 billion) initial public offering, (IPO) was halted in China.
Earlier on 28 June, 2020 the Centre had blocked access to 59 Chinese mobile apps and on 2nd September, 2020 118 more apps were banned under section 69A of the Information Technology Act. Government is committed to protect the interests of citizens and sovereignty and integrity of India on all fronts and it shall take all possible steps to ensure that.
The earlier banned apps included The banned apps include Baidu, Baidu Express Edition, Tencent Watchlist, FaceU, WeChat Reading, Ludo All Star, Alipay and Tencent Weiyun, besides PUBG Mobile and PUBG Mobile Lite, according to an official statement.
The latest move from Indian government comes amid ongoing border tensions between India and China.
Full list of app 42 Chinese Apps Banned By India
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard – BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- WeDate-Dating App
- Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV – TV version
- WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- Taobao Live
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island！
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
Tensions have risen this year due to Chinese aggression on India’s Ladakh border heating up the possibility of India China war, since May. New Delhi detected attempts by the Chinese troops to intrude into Indian territory. On 15 June, soldiers of the two sides were engaged in a violent clash that killed 20 Indian troops and an unknown number on the Chinese side. India’s move to ban 58 apps followed soon after as did steps to block Chinese investments in key infrastructure sectors like roads and telecom.
Related India News Briefs:
- China India Face Off : India holds a secret Tibet card on China
- India-China militaries agree to exercise restraint, avoid miscalculations
- India has to be a key partner in engaging China
For Latest India news and news briefs, check The Hindu.Ca